Chefin it up Cape Verdean style - Cooking Class
Celebrate Cape Verdean culture whilst learning how to make Feijoada - a classic bean stew dish. A follow along cooking class with a Q&A session.
Mon 12 October 2020 18:00-20:00
Time for some feijoada!
Feijoada is a classic Cape Verdean beans stew, with pork, chorizo and veg. This recipe will serve six people for a main course.
Join us for an online cookery class, as we guide you through naking your own version of this classic dish.
This is how it'll work:
- Claim your free ticket on this page
- Get your hands on the ingredients (below)
- We'll email you a Zoom link the day before the lesson
- Join us from your kitchen and follow along!
Important! This dish is usually served with boiled white rice - so have some ready!
- Pork (1kg, diced)
- Chorizo (one sausage, cut into slices)
- Carrots (three, sliced)
- White/red kidney beans (three cans)
- Chopped tomatoes (one tin)
- Kale or spring greens (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Onion (one, chopped)
- Garlic (two cloves, chopped)
- Stock cubes (two)
Get the chorizo going
In the sauté pan, over medium heat, pour the olive oil and cook the chorizo slices. Remove the chorizo from the pan when it is semi-crispy and has released its natural oil. That’s the key for the flavor.
Onion & garlic
Toss the onion, and after a couple minutes add the garlic and cook until the onion is almost transparent.
Toss the carrot and the chopped tomato. Stir well.
Beans & seasoning
Add your beans (with the liquid), the chorizo and the spring green. Put in your seasoning. Simmer for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
Serve it up with some fluffy white rice!