The Students' Union takes the protection of your data seriously. This page outlines our policies, procedures, and general approach to data privacy.
The vast majority of data that LMSU collects and processes for its members is provided to us by the London Metropolitan University, and through engagement in LMSU activities.
A full outline on how data is collected and processed and is clearly outlined in our Student Privacy Notice.
The vast majority of data LMSU collects and processes for guest users is provided directly by the individual, and through engagement in LMSU activities.
A full outline on how data is collected and processed and is clearly outlined in our Guest Privacy Notice.
You can update your details and communication preference by logging in to the LMSU website and clicking on ‘Account’.
Below you will find direct links to each of our privacy notices for different groups:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights:
The right to be informed about what data is being held about you and how it is processed and managed.
- The right of access to data that is held about you.
- The right to rectification if the data that is held about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure of the data we hold upon you which is also known as the right to be forgotten.
- To request the right of erasure.
- The right to restrict processing of the data we hold upon you. This means not deleting the data we hold upon you but placing a certain restriction or total restrictions on how we process it.
- The right to object to the way your data is being held, processed or managed.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have a question or concern surrounding your data please complete the online data subject request form.
Data Protection Policy and Procedures
Our full list of policies and procedures is available to access here.
- Data Collection and Processing
- Data Protection
- Data Security
- Data Storage
- Data Retention
- Data Breach
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)