Advocacy & Casework Coordinator (Fixed-Term)
Closes: Friday 23rd August 12.00 Midday
Salary: £24,725 Pro-Rata (inc. London weighting)
London Metropolitan University Students' Union (LMSU) is looking for a highly motivated individual to coordinate its advocacy and casework provision for a fixed-term 9-month period to cover a period of maternity leave.
The individual should have an awareness of and interest in a wide range of academic and advocacy related issues.The postholder will play an integral role in the delivery of advice, advocacy, casework and support. LMSU offers a free, confidential and non-judgemental advice and advocacy service to the diverse student population. The ideal candidate would be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of this service, to ensure that students are empowered to be able to navigate the relevant University regulations and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an advisory capacity, and will be confident doing so in a Higher Education environment.
Key Areas for the Role:
- Providing confidential advice to students in a welcoming and non-judgemental environment
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the relevant University processes and regulations, in order to effectively advise on them.
- Ensure the advice service is well integrated with the rest of the Union, informing campaigns and training.
- Develop and maintain effective and confidential casework records using the Union’s CRM system.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of Higher Education institutions and the issues affecting them
- Ability to respond compassionately and sympathetically
- Knowledge of advice and support-giving
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well, both independently and as part of a team
Education and experience
Educated to degree level, or possessing a qualification in advice/support
How to Apply
For an informal conversation regarding this role please contact Tyler John, Casweork & Advocacy Worker (email@example.com/ 020 7133 4171).
To apply for this role please complete an Application Form and return it by 12.00 midday on Friday 23rd August to Graeme Hope, CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that for successful shortlisted candidates Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 29th August 2019.