About this group
The Empowerment Society is up for Adoption!
We are seeking passionate students to lead and adopt this Student Group. Read details below to find out how!
The Empowerment Society is a community of individuals who are committed to uplifting and supporting each other in their personal and professional endeavors. If you adopt this society you can provide a safe and inclusive environment where members can share their experiences, challenges, and successes, and help them achieve their goals. You can offer a range of programs, including workshops, mentorship programs, and networking events, that are designed to empower members to realize their full potential and overcome obstacles that may be holding them back. Whether you are looking to advance in your career, start your own business, or pursue a personal passion, you can provide the support and resources to help other London Met students succeed. By adopting this society, you can connect with like-minded individuals who share your aspirations and are dedicated to helping each other achieve their dreams. You can also develop valuable skills, gain new perspectives, and build lasting relationships that will support you throughout your personal and professional journey. So why not adopt the Empowerment Society today and build a community of individuals who are committed to lifting each other up and achieving their full potential?
How it works:
All our Student Groups are led by students, for students. In order for a Student Group to run, there are three roles on this Student Groups committee that need to be filled:
- President - Leader of the Group, responsible for motivating their team and setting out their vision for the year.
- Secretary - Responsible for the communications of the group, and liaising with the Students’ Union to book space for events and activities or committee meetings.
- Treasurer - Responsible for keeping track of the finances of the group, alongside bidding for additional funding.
What's it like being a Student Group Leader and what are the benefits?
Being a Student Group Leader of a society is a volunteering opportunity at London Met Students' Union that not only lets you organise activities for the members of the society (this could be people from your course, as well as other students who are also interested in learning more about Fine Art), but also comes with a lot of perks for you:
Receive training, support and guidance on how to run their Student Group effectively;
- Access to the Student Groups Funding Grants;
- Develop skills;
- A certificate of recognition at the end of the year;
- A chance for your society to be nominated for an award at our annual Students' Union Awards ceremony;
- Creating meaningful friendships and memories!
If you would like to express your interest in adopting the Empowerment Society, please complete this form.
Or, if you have any questions about adopting a Student Group, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and someone from the Student Activities Team will be in touch with you soon.
No elections are currently running