About this group
The Vegan Society is up for Adoption!
We are seeking passionate students to lead and adopt this Student Group. Read details below to find out how!
The Vegan Society is a community of individuals who are committed to promoting a plant-based lifestyle and advocating for animal rights. By adopting this society you can provide a platform for members to learn about the benefits of veganism, share resources and recipes, and engage in activism to promote a more sustainable and compassionate world. You can offer a range of programs, including vegan cooking classes, educational events, and outreach programs, that are designed to help members embrace a vegan lifestyle and inspire others to do the same. Whether you are a seasoned vegan or just starting out, the Vegan Society can provide a supportive and welcoming community where members can find information, resources, and connections to help them on their journey. By adopting this society, you can improve yours and others health, reduce your environmental impact, and contribute to a more compassionate world for all beings. You can also form meaningful connections with other members who share your values and goals. So why not adopt the Vegan Society today and build a community of individuals who are dedicated to promoting a plant-based lifestyle and making a positive impact at London Met?
How it works:
All our Student Groups are led by students, for students. In order for a Student Group to run, there are three roles on this Student Groups committee that need to be filled:
- President - Leader of the Group, responsible for motivating their team and setting out their vision for the year.
- Secretary - Responsible for the communications of the group, and liaising with the Students’ Union to book space for events and activities or committee meetings.
- Treasurer - Responsible for keeping track of the finances of the group, alongside bidding for additional funding.
What's it like being a Student Group Leader and what are the benefits?
Being a Student Group Leader of a society is a volunteering opportunity at London Met Students' Union that not only lets you organise activities for the members of the society (this could be people from your course, as well as other students who are also interested in learning more about Fine Art), but also comes with a lot of perks for you:
Receive training, support and guidance on how to run their Student Group effectively;
- Access to the Student Groups Funding Grants;
- Develop skills;
- A certificate of recognition at the end of the year;
- A chance for your society to be nominated for an award at our annual Students' Union Awards ceremony;
- Creating meaningful friendships and memories!
If you would like to express your interest in adopting the Vegan Society, please complete this form.
Or, if you have any questions about adopting a Student Group, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and someone from the Student Activities Team will be in touch with you soon.
No elections are currently running