About this group
The Ahlulbayt Society is up for Adoption!
We are seeking passionate students to lead and adopt this Student Group. Read details below to find out how!
The Ahlulbayt Society can be a community dedicated to promoting the teachings and principles of the Prophet Muhammad's family, known as the Ahlulbayt. You will have an opportunity to provide a platform for individuals to learn about the Ahlulbayt's legacy and engage in discussions about Islam and its teachings. You can plan and enjoy range of events, including lectures, workshops, and social gatherings, which are designed to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for individuals from all backgrounds to connect and learn together. By adopting the Ahlulbayt Society, you can deepen your understanding of Islamic teachings and principles, gain valuable insights into the Ahlulbayt's legacy, and build meaningful relationships with fellow students at London Met. The society can provide a supportive and nurturing environment for individuals who are seeking to strengthen their faith and grow in their personal and spiritual lives. So why not adopt the Ahlulbayt Society today and embark on a journey of discovery, growth, and community-building with fellow students at London Met.
How it works:
All our Student Groups are led by students, for students. In order for a Student Group to run, there are three roles on this Student Groups committee that need to be filled:
- President - Leader of the Group, responsible for motivating their team and setting out their vision for the year.
- Secretary - Responsible for the communications of the group, and liaising with the Students’ Union to book space for events and activities or committee meetings.
- Treasurer - Responsible for keeping track of the finances of the group, alongside bidding for additional funding.
What's it like being a Student Group Leader and what are the benefits?
Being a Student Group Leader of a society is a volunteering opportunity at London Met Students' Union that not only lets you organise activities for the members of the society (this could be people from your course, as well as other students who are also interested in learning more about Fine Art), but also comes with a lot of perks for you:
Receive training, support and guidance on how to run their Student Group effectively;
- Access to the Student Groups Funding Grants;
- Develop skills;
- A certificate of recognition at the end of the year;
- A chance for your society to be nominated for an award at our annual Students' Union Awards ceremony;
- Creating meaningful friendships and memories!
If you would like to express your interest in adopting the Ahlulbayt Society, please complete this form.
Or, if you have any questions about adopting a Student Group, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and someone from the Student Activities Team will be in touch with you soon.
No elections are currently running