About this group
The Debating Society is up for Adoption!
We are seeking passionate students to lead and adopt this Student Group. Read details below to find out how!
The Debating Society is a community of individuals who are passionate about the art of persuasive argumentation and critical thinking. This society provides a platform for members to engage in lively debates, hone their public speaking skills, and gain valuable experience in research, analysis, and communication. By adopting this society you can offer a range of events, including weekly debates, workshops, and training sessions, that are designed to help members develop their argumentation skills and prepare for competitions. Whether you are interested in politics, social issues, or philosophical questions, the Debating Society provides a forum where you can explore your interests and engage in meaningful discussions with others who share your passion for debate. By adopting the Debating Society, you can improve your confidence, enhance your critical thinking skills, and build your public speaking abilities. You can also form lasting friendships with other members who are equally passionate about the art of debate. So why not adopt the Debating Society today and discover the power of persuasive argumentation and critical thinking?
How it works:
All our Student Groups are led by students, for students. In order for a Student Group to run, there are three roles on this Student Groups committee that need to be filled:
- President - Leader of the Group, responsible for motivating their team and setting out their vision for the year.
- Secretary - Responsible for the communications of the group, and liaising with the Students’ Union to book space for events and activities or committee meetings.
- Treasurer - Responsible for keeping track of the finances of the group, alongside bidding for additional funding.
What's it like being a Student Group Leader and what are the benefits?
Being a Student Group Leader of a society is a volunteering opportunity at London Met Students' Union that not only lets you organise activities for the members of the society (this could be people from your course, as well as other students who are also interested in learning more about Fine Art), but also comes with a lot of perks for you:
Receive training, support and guidance on how to run their Student Group effectively;
- Access to the Student Groups Funding Grants;
- Develop skills;
- A certificate of recognition at the end of the year;
- A chance for your society to be nominated for an award at our annual Students' Union Awards ceremony;
- Creating meaningful friendships and memories!
If you would like to express your interest in adopting the Debating Society, please complete this form.
Or, if you have any questions about adopting a Student Group, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com , and someone from the Student Activities Team will be in touch with you soon.
No elections are currently running