The London Met Postgraduate Research Society is a society for PhD, MPhil, and Postgraduate students studying at London Metropolitan University.
The Postgraduate Research Society will allow students to:
· Connect with likeminded people for mutual benefit and peer-support
· Socialize with others through social events, academic seminars and meetups outside school
· Promote and develop a research community from all backgrounds and studies
· Provide a space for developing research ideas amongst peers
· Create network opportunities
· Provide support for new postgraduate students
· Attend activities aimed at developing research skills
The Postgraduate Research Society would like to provide everyone with the opportunity to meet others who are on the same journey and the chance to relax from studying and create long-lasting memories and friendships at London Met and beyond. Therefore, if you are just starting your research or nearing the end of your research, we would love for you to join!
Activities will include:
· Writing Retreats- dedicated writing time to progress in research in a supportive environment and provide feedback on writing-in-progress.
· Monthly Social Gatherings around London and beyond- walks, museums, hands-on workshops, and evening socials.
· Monthly London Met Lunch Gathering- once a month either the second or third Tuesday of the month.
The activities and success of the society depend upon the input from the students; the more input and initiative from the students, the more valuable the society will be. Hope to see you soon at our next meeting!
Please log in and click the add button to join our society.
For activities and events, please sign up and join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/londonmetuniPGRS