Student Groups are the core to all student-led activity across the Students' Union and they are categorised in 4 different areas: Community, Interest, Sport and Student Media.
The aim of the Student Activities Committee is to strengthen and empower student voice in discussions and decision making regarding all student activities within the Students' Union.
Nominations for the Student Activities Committee took place in December 2021 and the following students have been elected to represent each of the Student Group categories:
- Representative from ‘Interest Groups’: Jingqiao Xu (Gene), Event and Welfare Officer of Model United Nations Society
- Representative from ‘Community Groups’: Deniz Erdogan, President of International Students Society
- Representative from ‘Sport Groups’: Matthew Babb, Captain of London Met Archery Club
- Representative from ‘Media Groups’: Natalia Vincz, President of VERVE Magazine
The Committee is chaired by an LMSU Full-time officer, Margarita Damai, and facilitated by the Student Activities team, Erica Ramos, Mim Hossain and Sean Binder.
The Committee will meet once a month, and will be responsible for:
- Reviewing Funding Bids submitted by Student Groups
- Ensuring representation across all types of Student Activities
- Discussing future ideas and plans for activities
If you have any questions that you would like to raise with the student activities committee, please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org